We finally get to what you thought the whole class would be about: crashing stuff into other stuff! The amazing part of momentum is that it provides us with an incredibly effective way to predict the results of collisions…or trace them back to their source. How fast was that car going when it hit the other car? Momentum lets us find out! We’ll also tie concepts from this unit back to kinematics, dynamics, and energy to give an ever-more complex picture of motion.
RESOURCES FOR THIS UNIT
- Lesson Plan with Unit Objectives and Homework Assignment
- Lab – Impulse-Momentum Theorem (long version)
- Lab – Impulse-Momentum Theorem (short version)
- Lab – Conservation of Momentum
- Lab – Qualitative Analysis of Elastic, Inelastic, and Totally Inelastic Collisions
- Guided Notes
Full teacher notes available by request via email to Michelle.Burgess@avonlakecityschools.org
from an official educational institution email address.