It’s time for a hot topic! This is a huge branch of physics and in many ways is one of the most fundamental branches of science because it deals with energy flow. It even has a 0th law! Now that’s fundamental!
RESOURCES FOR THIS UNIT
- Lesson Plan with Unit Objectives and Homework Assignment
- Lab – Behavior of Gases
- Lab – Analysis of P-V Diagrams
- Guided Notes
- Thermal Processes Graphic Organizer
Full teacher notes available by request via email to Michelle.Burgess@avonlakecityschools.org
from an official educational institution email address.
- PhET Gas Properties Simulation
- You’re not dummies, but this stuff is hard for a lot of people. The “For Dummies” crew broke the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics into simple terms, which may help you with the basic concepts.
- Interested in cars? Here’s how what we’re doing relates to car engines, courtesy of How Stuff Works.
- Thermodynamic Processes
- Adiabatic Process in a Piston
- Carnot Engine